Grab Bar Installation San Diego, CA
Fall Prevention with Bathroom Grab Bars
Age In Place Safely and Securely
Senior Safe Homes is a professional same-day safety service for seniors living on their own — or with assistance. We provide in-home safety evaluations to assess the potential hazards and make recommendations as well as modifications to enhance daily activities. At Senior Safe Homes, it is our mission to provide families with peace of mind by creating an environment to make their lives easier, more convenient, and safer.
Senior Safe Homes will Professionally Install…
- ADA Compliant Grab Bars for your Bathroom, Shower, Bedroom and Hallways.
- Elevated Toilet Seats and Adjustable Shower Seats
- Furniture Straps to Minimize Tip Over Hazards
- Specialized Door/Window Locks and Alarms.
- Fire, Smoke, Carbon Monoxide and Gas Detectors.
- Temporary and Portable Wheelchair Ramps.
- Stair Railing and Stair Lifts.
Senior Safe Homes will save you …
Time – Running back and forth to the store or surfing the internet trying to find the right product.
Money – Shipping & returning overpriced and incorrect safety products and grab bars to the store.
Frustration – Products that difficult to install, break easy, or may be hard to use.
Costly Damage to your Home – Installing the right products and grab bars correctly the first time!
We provide and install only the BEST quality senior safety products since 1997.
Fall Safety Facts:
Each year, millions of adults aged 65 and older fall. Falls can cause moderate to severe injuries, such as hip fractures and head traumas, and can increase the risk of early death. Fortunately, falls are a public health problem that is largely preventable.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- One-third of Americans aged 65+ falls each year.
- Every 13 seconds, an older adult is treated in the emergency room for a fall; every 20 minutes, an older adult dies from a fall.
- Falls are the leading cause of fatal injury and the most common cause of nonfatal trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults.
- Falls result in more than 2.5 million injuries treated in emergency departments annually, including over 734,000 hospitalizations and more than 21,700 deaths.
- In 2013, the total cost of fall injuries was $34 billion.
- The financial toll for older adult falls is expected to increase as the population ages and may reach $67.7 billion by 2020.
- The death rates from falls among older men and women have risen sharply over the past decade.
How can older adults prevent falls?
- Make their homes safer by reducing tripping hazards, adding grab bars inside and outside the tub or shower and next to the toilet, adding railings on both sides of stairways, and improving the lighting in their homes.
- Exercise regularly. It is important that the exercises focus on increasing leg strength and improving balance, and that they get more challenging over time. Tai Chi programs are especially good.
- Ask their doctor or pharmacist to review their medicines—both prescription and over-the counter—to identify medicines that may cause side effects or interactions such as dizziness or drowsiness.
- Have their eyes checked by an eye doctor at least once a year and update their eyeglasses to maximize their vision. Consider getting a pair with single vision distance lenses for some activities such as walking outside.
To lower their hip fracture risk, older adults can:
- Get adequate calcium and vitamin D—from food and/or from supplements.
- Do weight bearing exercise.
- Get screened and, if needed, treated for osteoporosis.
Custom Grab Bar Installation
Senior Safe Homes Provides Custom Grab Bar Installation. We have a wide selection of ADA Approved Grab Bars to choose from to match your decor. From a 12″ Hand Grab Bar, to a 24″ Shower Grab Bar to a 42″ Hallway or Toilet Grab Bar. Stainless Steel Grab Bars, White Grab Bars to decorative Antique Grab Bars, we have the finish to match your home.
Safety is just a phone call away.
Serving: San Diego, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Cardiff, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, Fairbanks Ranch, Carmel Valley, Santa Luz, Point Loma, Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, Ocean Beach, Scripps Ranch, Tierrasanta, Poway, Rancho Bernardo, 4S Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, San Marcos, Escondido, and other San Diego Cities.
Fall Proof YOUR Home!Contact Consultant
Being physically active is vital to maintaining health and independence as we age. Moderately fit women and men had a 50 percent lower risk of type 2 diabetes, hypertension, coronary heart disease, obesity, and some cancers when compared with their low fit peers.
Preventing Falls by installing shower bathroom grab bars can greatly reduce injuries resulting from falls.
Exercise, good nutrition, regular health screenings, getting vaccines, having enough sleep, and participating in activities you enjoy are just a few ways to promote healthy aging.
The National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC) states that falls are the number one cause of home injury. Properly installed grab bars are the best way to reduce fall injuries.
Burns are a leading causes of home injuries, according to the NCIPC. Burns are caused primarily from fires. Older adults are killed in home fires at twice the rate of society as a whole. Properly installed and functioning Smoke Detectors can Greatly Reduce this Risk
Poisoning is mostly caused by medicine non-compliance: older adults are six times more likely than other age groups to suffer adverse medical reactions ( Alliance for Aging Research, 1998).
Physicians and physical therapists agree that installing grab bars significantly reduces the incidents of fall injuries.